In the year of the Olympics in Brazil, a lot has been said about the need to support national athletes. CROMO ENGENHARIA has been supporting one athlete since 2010. His name is Luiz Antonio dos Santos. Born on 30 January 1957, this 59 year old man is a MARATHON RUNNER. His passion for running started when he was around 40.
Originally from Chapecó, Santa Catarina, he moved to Curitiba in the 1990s to work as a waiter in Buffet Deucher, the Curitibano Club, where he works to this day. Back then, he bought the “Contra o Relógio” magazine and decided to train in the traditional Oswaldo Cruz square, in the centre of the capital of Paraná. In 2000, he ran for the first time in the 42 Km PORTO ALEGRE MARATHON, RS. He came second, with a time of 2:37, his best mark to date.
Since then, the good results have kept coming:
- Sao Paulo Marathon – 42 Km: 2:41 (2000)
- Durban, South Africa – Comrades Ultra Marathon – 89 Km: 6:40 (2000)
- Three-time Champion of the Relay Around the Island – Florianópolis-SC – 140 Km (2004, 2006, 2008)
(Participated in 18 editions)
- Four-time champion of Beaches and Trail Run – Florianopolis – SC – 50 Km
(Participated in 15 editions)
- Four-time champion of Urubici Challenge – SC – 45 Km
- 6th overall position – 1st place in the category – MOUNTAIN OF THE ATACAMA DESERT – San Pedro de Atacama – Chile – 42 Km
- That’s 59 marathons;
- 27 years running;
- 5 24-hour races Sao Paulo – Bahia – Curitiba – Rio;
- 6 Super marathons Rio Grande – RS – 50 Km;
- 3 Ultra marathons of 100 Km.
- FINISHED 1ST PLACE 63 TIMES;
- AMONG THE 5 TOP RUNNERS IN BRAZIL IN THE 54 – 59 AGE GROUP;
- AMONG THE 16 BEST RUNNERS IN THE WORLD IN THE 54 – 59 AGE GROUP;
- HIS “WORST” POSITION, in the general category, was 5th PLACE;
- HIS “WORST” POSITION, in the age group category, was 2nd PLACE;
- Projects for 2017 include running in the VENICE MARATHON and the GREAT WALL MARATHON (CHINA).
CHROME ENGENHARIA is running right beside you, Luiz!
When Luiz Antonio dos Santos is running, he does not think about the distance he was completed. His only thought is to overcome the distance that lies ahead. Maybe that’s the secret. Of life, for everyone.